quarta-feira, 19 de novembro de 2014

The Diva's Weekly Zentangle Challenge #194: “Embracing the Yuck”


For this challenge, we should tangle with our non-dominant hand (including shading and blending)… Really challenging, wasn't it?

Well, it was difficult. I don't deny.  For one hand, controlling my hand was a problem. At first more. Then less and less. Near the end it was easier. Our brain is really amazing!

The other question was the tangle patterns. As an apprentice, I don´t know many of them, so felt the need to follow my instinct. I like it, though, because the trembled lines fit the blurry marine cave, and I thank Elisa Murphy for this interesting idea. It was a lot of fun… with a little neck pain… (don’t know why…)

I thank her also for the opportunity for apprenticeship. Please, could some CZT tell me if my tile is at all a zentangle? Or is this rather a mix of doodling and tangles? What tangle could be near and would go with the idea of the jellyfishes or fishes? What would be your choices?  

Here is the result. Looking forward for your comments!



Para este desafio, devíamos desenhar com a mão não-dominante (incluindo sombreamento)... Realmente desafiador, não era?

Bem, foi difícil. Não nego. Por um lado, foi um problema controlar a minha mão. No início mais. Depois, cada vez menos. Perto do final, foi mais fácil. O nosso cérebro é realmente incrível!

A outra questão foram os padrões tangle. Como aprendiz, eu não conheço muitos deles, por isso senti a necessidade de seguir o meu instinto. Apesar disso, gosto do meu azulejo, porque as linhas tremidas fazem sentido com a caverna marinha embaciada, e agradeço a Elisa Murphy por esta ideia interessante. Foi muito divertido ... com um pouco de dor de pescoço ... (não sei por quê ...)

Agradeço-lhe também a oportunidade de aprendizagem. Por favor, algum CZT poder-me-ia dizer se o meu azulejo é de todo um zentangle? Ou é, em vez disso, uma mistura de doodles e tangles? Que tangles poderiam estar perto ou adequar-se-iam à ideia das medusas ou dos peixes? Quais seriam as vossas escolhas?

Aqui está o resultado. Ansiosa pelos vossos comentários!

9 comentários:

  1. You did not make it very easy for yourself with all these difficult tangles. But, you did very well.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Yes, it wasn't easy! Good exercise, nevertheless. Thank you, very much.

      Eliminar
  2. I think your tile is really fun! I love the under water looking ones because with the unsteadiness of using your non-dominant hand it all looks like it's flowing in the water!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. It was that my thought while drawing it at some time. Thus the will to make the aquatic elements. Thanks for your opinion. It really matters to me.

      Eliminar
  3. I love your fishies. It is a very whimsical tile. I am not a CZT but your work is your own and I think they would tell you to just continue learning the patterns. I have looked at your other work (dominant hand work) and it is beautiful, last week's post that you did is lovely!!!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thank you very much for let me know your thoughts. At the time, I was not being able to choose a pattern I was seeing online or learned (do not know that many) to accompany the others... So, used my imagination and went off the "regular zentangles"(?), I guess.

      Eliminar
  4. I'm not a CZT, so I don't think if your tile qualifies as a Zentangle, but I'm quite sure it doesn't matter. You embraced the "yuck" and produced something lovely that absolutely does evoke a watery feel.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. It's a very nice water piece in any case. Bravo!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Looks great - hard to work with the non dominant hand :)

    ResponderEliminar